The scariest things about Halloween are:
How it always creeps up on you. One day it's July, next day it's Halloween and you need a costume.
How unprepared you are for it every single year, despite trying really hard to plan a costume in advance
Looking for a costume the day of a party
Having a costume with no where to go
Having somewhere to go with no costume
The fact that you have work tomorrow and will probably get really drunk tonight
It somehow turns into a week-long event and you need to find multiple costumes
Anyway, I could probably go on but that would just induce more stress. I don't even have a costume for tonight. Or a plan. But what we do have is a really great sangria recipe, and if you drink enough of this, it will make the issues above irrelevant. So, here is a recipe we found on Pinterest that we tweaked a little as we were making it. You'll find my comments in italics. We got all the ingredients at Trader Joes, AKA heaven on earth. This recipe is simple, cheap, and delicious. Please share with your friends or bring this to a party cause it makes a lot and I would be very concerned if you made an entire pitcher of sangria for yourself.
- 1 cup Blackberries (honestly just throw in however many blackberries you want)
- 2 Oranges (again, this is up to you. Use 4 oranges if you want, or none) we also added apples and pomegranate even though the recipe didn't call for it because WHYNOT
- 1/4 cup Sugar (we didn't put sugar in it. Bitter is better and this recipe is fine without it)
- 24 oz club soda (we used San Pellegrino because we're fancy af)
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles Cabernet Sauvignon (whatever Cab you want)
- 1/4 cup Orange liqueur (get the Patron one at Trader Joes, it's like $12 and delicious. We also didn't really measure this and just poured a shit ton in there, definitely more than 1/4 cup. Maybe just add the liqueur as you please)
- Literally just find a big bowl or pitcher, chop up the fruit, and throw everything in together, stir it, and let it chill/add some ice. Then you're done.
- You're welcome. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!